- Can I install a fireplace, stove or insert myself?
- I am limited on space in my living room. Do you have any installation suggestions?
- Can I install one of your indoor fireplaces outside?
- I want my builder to build a “bump-out” for my new gas fireplace. What size should it be?
- Do I need a permit to install a hearth appliance in my home?
- What does it cost to put in a new fireplace?
- What does the term “zero clearance” mean?
- I want the look of a great fire but don’t want heat. What are my options?
- What does an outside air kit do and do I need one?
- Can I install a blower or fan kit on my fireplace after the fireplace has been installed?
- How do I measure for new glass fireplace doors?
- Gas Inserts and Gas Fireplaces, Direct Vent, Natural Vent or Unvented?
- Why are some gas fireplaces “better” than others?
- What is the greatest distance recommended for heat ducts to transfer heat from my fireplace to other rooms?
- Will my gas fireplace operate during an electrical outage?
- Can I regulate the heat output from a gas fireplace to maintain a comfortable room temperature?
- How much does it cost annually to operate a gas fireplace?
- How do I light the pilot on my gas stove/fireplace or insert?
HPBA National Associations Burn Wise Video Series- learn the correct way to burn wood in your stove or fireplace.
How to Buy, Split & Store Wood
Five Rules to Follow for an Efficient Fire
How to Burn Wise with an EPA Catalytic Stove
How to Burn Wise with an EPA Non-Catalytic Stove
Safety and Maintenance Information for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts
Troubleshooting Information for Wood Stoves and Fireplace Inserts