To reset the Mt. Vernon stove or insert, WHEN IT IS NOT RUNNING, unplug the stove for 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
This fall, many New England families are choosing wood burning fireplaces, stoves and inserts to warm up their homes over conventional forms of … Read more
Winter is coming soon and temperatures have been dropping to as low as the 30s in recent weeks. While the temperatures dropping, … Read more
A lot of people believe that glass doors are just another accessory that is designed for aesthetic purposes only, but that is … Read more
- How do I convert my wood-burning fireplace that has a gas log set installed back to wood?
- Are there any benefits to installing a glass door onto my Fireplace?
- How should I use the glass doors on my wood-burning fireplace?
- Why am I feeling a cold draft from my wood fireplace?
- How efficient is a wood-burning fireplace?
- What’s the best way to start a fire in my wood-burning fireplace?
- I have a fan kit on my woodburning fireplace but it doesn’t seem to blow much air.
Our fans are purposely designed at low CFMs (cubic feet per minute). There are two reasons for this. First, to minimize fan … Read more
Arrange kindling (small diameter sticks) in a crisscross pattern on top of crumpled newspaper under the grate before arranging the logs. Arrange … Read more
While they produce some radiant heat, most wood-burning fireplaces are primarily decorative. Even heat circulating models still pull a tremendous amount of … Read more
There are several possible causes of feeling cold air from a wood fireplace. You will want to make sure the damper is … Read more
The doors should always be fully open or fully closed. Glass doors should be fully open when starting a fire and when … Read more