Fireplace insert season has arrived! Fireplace inserts are magical machines that transform cold, drafty fireplaces into sources of warmth and beauty, fostering priceless family togetherness. You don’t need to spend a king’s ransom, but you do need to do your homework. Wood-, pellet- and gas-burning inserts create more heat than a traditional fireplace (that is the point, after all), so it naturally follows that the requirements for mantel heights and floor protection are more stringent than for a traditional fireplace. As a consumer, you can either study the applicable codes, standards and manufacturer specifications to make sure your installation adheres to all the requirements, or utilize Enchanted Fireside’s exclusive HearthMatch system to guarantee that your insert will not only fit inside your fireplace but will meet all the safety criteria as well.[Read more…] about Safety Considerations for Fireplace Inserts
- Why are some gas fireplaces “better” than others?
- What is the greatest distance recommended for heat ducts to transfer heat from my fireplace to other rooms?
- Will my gas fireplace operate during an electrical outage?
- Can I regulate the heat output from a gas fireplace to maintain a comfortable room temperature?
- How much does it cost annually to operate a gas fireplace?
- How do I light the pilot on my gas stove/fireplace or insert?
How do I change the tadpole gasket on my Quadra-Fire Castile or Santa Fe stove or insert?
This video illustrates how to change the tadpole gasket on a Quadra-Fire Castile or Santa Fe stove or insert
If you need more assistance please do not hesitate to contact Enchanted Fireside at (800) 782-5500